Thursday, August 20, 2009

This is me!

Since no one has posted their profile here :(, I'll do my homework and introduce myself to our readers.

My name is Fabiana, I'm a 27-year-old English teacher at IBEU Jardim Botânico and PhD student at PUC-Rio. My main interests are teaching and learning languages, traveling and getting to know new cultures. I also love music, specially jazz and blues. Playing the piano is one of my biggest passions, although I still have a lot to learn, lol!

One of my favorite books is Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury. I read it for the first time when I was fifteen, to write a book report for the English class. At first I hated doing it, but it finally turned out to be a very meaningful experience for me! That's why we should always give reading a second chance, no matter what it is... Chances are that we're going to be surprised. :) Wanna know more about the book? I would be pleased to lend you, and we also have it in our library.

Finally, my main goal concerning English is to improve my and also my students' general understanding of what it takes to speak a foreign language fluently and accurately. At the moment, I believe the more you live the language (by reading, listening, using it to communicate to whom you love), the better you learn.

What about you, guys and girls? I'm anxious to read your profiles!

Cheers,

Teacher Fabi

No comments:

Post a Comment